Monday, July 2, 2012

primitive finish & a gift


Finishing a project is a great feeling..................................
This pattern is from the American magazine : Primitive Quilts. I enjoyed making this scrappy hanging. This now hangs in my studio as I stitched my quilting business name on it, the best place for it would be in there.
I changed a couple of things from the original.

Last week I got a lovely surprise in the mail from a phone/bloggy friend in the deep south, Jenny.
Beautifully wrapped in lovely tissue with pretty antique lace.
Inside the most lovely linen type fabric, more lace & a beautiful button. Please check out Jenny's lovely blog, where you will discover she has a wonderful B&B as well as a sweet little shop with wonderful treats for all!
There is also a link on my side bar.
I will leave you with July's page on my calender. ( sideways!!!)

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt is very nice

    I love !!!!

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wall hanging. That is on my to do list. I think the Primitive Quilts and Projects is a great magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt... perfect for a sewing room:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ton petit quilt est vraiment bien reussi,je l'ai commencé et j'espère faire aussi bien que toi !!!
    bisous et bonne soirée de France
    Cocotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your spools quilt turned out - after the fun start it had (the personalisation is just great)! Your gift looks gorgeous - lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A finish? hhhhmmmm, wonder what that feels like? HA! Seems I haven't had one in a while!

    Your little finish is just toooo adorable!! I really like where you put your name, you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finish is gorgeous, I love the pattern and the way you made it yours! Beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete